Ausangate Trek 4 days / 3 nights | Peru Cusco Trek Machu Picchu Adventure
ADVENTURE WITH LEADING PERU TRAVEL
Tour Level: Moderate
Adventure trek Ausangate 4 days / 3 nightsIn this Vilcanota range you can hike at heights above 5000 m and have fabulous panoramic views at cristaline lakes and nearby mountains.You can see the tipical Andean animals as lamas, alpacas and vicuñas, meet local people who speak Quechua and know about their religion (their contact with the Apus, the mountain spirit) , customs and life in the Andes.This hike is quite a long and difficult one (you walk 7-8 hours a day), so we recommend to prepare well, doing shorter walks at altitud during 3 days before starting the hike.
We started the trip by bus at 06:00 am to make some stops on the route, passing through typical villages sympathetic to the mountains, on the heights of Urcos the scenery is spectacular, you can see all the Cordillera Vilcanota. Then we arrived at the Ocongate population, large population of great historical significance (Lord of Qoyllorrity) and after 30 minutes we reached the town of Tinky located at 3850 meters above sea level, reaching our first camp where we spend the night. This is the place where we will start our trek. (Lunch and dinner).
The next day, after having breakfast, we will prepare to start the trek towards pacchanta. The way is quite clear, with a continuous and moderate slope. The trek takes five hours, in front of a group of mountains, with a really marvelous scenery. The camping site is very close to the glacier, giving it a special location and nice view to take some pictures. Optionally, you may have a bath in the thermal waters close to the camping site.
On the fourth day we will walk approximately for three hours to the village of Tinki. We will have lunch, and then take the return bus to Cusco. Important:
- All the buses the coming back from the Inca Trail leave the passengers one block from the main square, you are going to return to the hotel by yourself.
- Bilingual mountain guide.
- Transportation to the start of the road.
- Horses loading.
- Tents and camping equipment.
- dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs and mattress.
- All meals (vegetarian option).
- water and cook.
- Horse for extra personal items.
- Bus return
- Do not include sleeping bag
- First breakfast
- Last lunch.
- Sleeping bag. (If you do not have one, rent one in the office).
- warm clothing for the first day.
- Light clothing, four pairs of socks.
- Good shoes or boots.
- Water bottle.
- Camera or video camera (optional).
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hats or hat, mosquito repellent.
- purifying pills.