Full Day – Catarata de Pucayaquillo
The Falls of Pucayaquillo is located in the district of Shapaja, in the province and region of San Martín, They have a slope of twenty meters, through which their waters precipitate. The waters of the waterfall, have the feature of being truly crystalline, which is why you can not hide the rocks on the wall where they run.
- Hike (included).
- Bird watching (included).
Point of departure
- Tarapoto: Plaza de Armas, in front of the Holy Cross Parish.
- You can also be picked up from the hotel where you are staying.
- Whenever it is within the Monumental zone of Tarapoto, in low season and previous coordination with the Operator.
During the half day: Pucayaquillo Waterfall
8:30 am – Departure from Tarapoto. The Pucayaquillo Waterfall is 37 km from Tarapoto and 45 minutes walk from the town of Shapaja between the confluence of the Cerro Escalera Regional Conservation Area and the Cordillera Azul National Park where we find three ecosystems with very different characteristics such as:
- The tropical dry forest.
- The high mountain forest.
- The low jungle of the Amazonian plain.
It is located under a rock that hides it and gives it a very exotic look. In addition, its waters end up in a pool with a sandy soil through which it is possible to move without swimming and the rock where the fall impacts has a part that can be climbed and placed just below to feel the full force of the current . Lunch at “Lodge Puma Rinri”. 5:00 pm – Return to Tarapoto.
- Bajaj or Trimoto and / or Carro (Shared Service).
- Tourism Guide (Guidance).
- Entrance to the tourist places.
- Lunch at the “Puma Rinri Lodge”.
Does not include
- Personal expenses.
- Children from 0 – 4 years old, do not pay.
- Children from 5 years old, pay adult rate.
- It also applies to Holidays (Independence Day, New Year, etc).
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- If you decide to retire before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.