Arequipa + Santa Catalina Monastery + Colca – 4d / 3n
ADVENTURE WITH LEADING PERU TRAVEL
Tour Level: Moderate
Arequipa + Santa Catalina Monastery + Colca – 4d / 3nKnown as the “White City” for its architecture sculpted in sillar, Arequipa shines favored by a climate always sunny all year round. Its blue sky invites you to walk and admire the beauty of its monuments, snow-capped mountains, volcanoes and deep canyons. Enjoy its exquisite cuisine will be the perfect complement for your trip.
- Purchase of crafts (additional cost)
- Horse riding (additional cost)
- Thermalism (additional cost)
Day 1: Check Inn Hotel + City Tour & Campiña + Santa Catalina Monastery + Plaza de Armas.When you arrive in Arequipa, we give you directions to arrive and settle in your hotel. 2:00 pm – Pick up from your hotel, We visited the Santa Catalina Monastery, which is a sample book of four centuries of Arequipa architecture; its intrusive cells, its small alleys, cloisters full of colorful flowers and walls painted in fresh dyes. The visitors will revive and they will be lost in the way of time, The narrow alleys lead to the various parts of the convent that go through picturesque places and places to stay and sleep with the original furniture. We also visited the Plaza de Armas of Arequipa, one of the most beautiful in Peru. The Jesuit Church of the Company, which on its beautiful facade announces the so-called mestizo architecture, its cloisters and cupola. La Casona Tristan del Pozo and at the end and for a magnificent view of the city we will visit the typical districts of Carmen Alto and Yanahuara (Viewpoint and Church), from where we can observe the three volcanoes of our city: Chachani, Misti and Pichupicchu. Overnight in Arequipa.
Day 2: Colca Valley.Between 7:30 and 8:30 am. Pick up at hotel to leave for the town of Chivay in a trip of 3 hours approx, We will visit the area of Pampa Cañahuas, habitat of South American camelids such as Alpaca and vicuña, We will make a stop in Patahuasi, where you can taste a coca tea or some hot drink (optional). We will cross the highest point: Patapampa (4,900 masl) from where we will be able to appreciate the tutelary volcanoes of that area like the Sabancaya. 12:00 pm (noon) – We arrive in Chivay, the main town of the Colca Valley. Here we will enjoy our lunch, which can be buffet or choice. In the afternoon we will go to the thermal baths of La Calera. Dinner-Overnight in Chivay.
Day 3: Colca Canyon and natural viewpoints5:30 – 6:00 am. Breakfast at the hotel. 6:00 – 6:30 a.m. We go to the viewpoint of Cruz del Cóndor in a journey of 1 hour and a half approx, In this beautiful viewpoint we can appreciate the flight of the Condor, the king of the Andes, for approx. 45 minutes, We will have the opportunity to take photos, buy souvenirs and have a good time. We will continue our travel experience to return to Chivay, passing through the traditional village of Maca, characterized by its picturesque plaza and church. There we can taste a Colca Sour, prepared with the fruit Sancayo. We continue with our tour, arriving in Chivay at 12:00 – 12:30 pm Lunch.
- 2:30 pm approx. Return to Arequipa.
- 4:30 p.m. Arrival in Arequipa.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- End of services.
- Official tourism guide in Spanish and English.
- Tourist visits and income (Convent of Santa Catalina and Dome of San Ignacio of our church of the company).
- 2 nights accommodation in Arequipa (3 star hotel).
- 1 night accommodation in Chivay (2 star hostel).
- 3 breakfasts
- City & Campiña Tour in Arequipa.
- Transfers to all the mentioned tourist places.
- Colca Tour and viewpoints – 2d / 1n.
- Permanent Assistance.
- Transfers Airport / Hotel / Airport.
- Tourist ticket to the Colca Valley:
- Peruvians – S / .20
- Latin Americans – S / .40
- Foreign non-Latinos – S / .70
- Entrance to the Thermal Baths “La Calera” (S / .15).
- Food (Lunches, dinners, snacks and drinks).
- Additional features.
- Valid to buy from Monday to Sunday, including holidays and business days.
- Children under 4 years old can go on their parents’ legs.
- Children from 5 years old, pay full rate.
- The itinerary can be modified in your order due to weather or emergency changes. This in order to provide the best service.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- If you decide to retire before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- Accommodation Hotel Santa Marta, Hotel Murcia, Hotel Mansión del Sol (Arequipa) / Ho … (3 star hotel)
- Hotels located in the center of the city, a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas. They provide a quality hotel infrastructure with the best customer service and
- the warmest atmosphere.
- They have private bathroom, hot water.
- The accommodation is subject to the availability of rooms for the date of your trip. Otherwise, you will be lodged in a similar category and service.