Iquitos Birth of the Amazon River 4D/3N
Undertake an unforgettable adventure! Let yourself be conquered by the charm of nature
Experience a night walk through the dense jungle and learn about the different species that dominate when the sun does not shine.
Take a boat ride on the Cumaceba River, where you can observe various species such as macaws, toucans, monkeys and many more in their natural habitat.
Feel the magic of the communal forest on the Yarapa River, a dazzling and enchanting place due to its biodiversity and beautiful landscapes.
Point of departure
Airport or terrestrial or fluvial terminal.
Day 1: Amazon River
- Amazon River – Pink Dolphins
- Arrival to the city of Iquitos.
- Reception and transfer to the city of Nauta by private car.
- Transport by boat – motor “Pamacari”, we will sail for two hours and on the way we will appreciate the union of the Marañón and Ucayali rivers, where the majestic Amazon River is born.
- Time to look for and appreciate the famous gray and pink dolphins.
- We continue navigating the calm waters of the Yarapa River.
- Reception in hostel
- After sailing in motor boat or walk, in order to look for monkeys and birds of different species.
- Night walk to look for tarantulas and other nocturnal insects.
- Overnight at the hostel.
Day 2: Cumaceba River
- Cumaceba River
- Departure in a small-small boat by the Cumaceba river, we will observe different species of colorful birds such as macaws, toucans and others.
- Walk to search and observe monkeys in their own habitat and other species such as otters, parrots, sloths, return to the lodge and typical lunch.
- In the afternoon we will take a walk along a Cocha (lake), an opportunity to observe alligators and nocturnal birds at the return of the trip in the same way
- we would have the opportunity to find and find snakes and other species.
- Overnight at the hostel.
Day 3: Night excursion
- Navigation and walk to the interior of the jungle.
- Navigation to the yarapa community reserve, search and observation of prehistoric birds and cornuta.
- Fishing of Piranhas and other species, also search and observation of otters or river wolves within the jungle.
- Camping – Overnight in tents or hammocks, protected with mosquito nets, which we provide.
- Night excursion, in order to listen and observe different types of insects or nocturnal animals.
Day 4: Sunrise in the Jungle
- Dawn in the Jungle
- 5:00 a.m. Walk around the area to watch the sunrise and listen to the awakening of the birds.
- Return to the lodge, swimming in a suitable place.
- Return to the city of Nauta.
- 5:00 pm. Return to the city of Iquitos.
- Tourist transport (land and water)
- Food for the days of the tour in the jungle.
- Tourist guide.
- Basic equipment for each activity.
- Entrances to the yarapa communal reserve
Does not include
- This tour is flexible and you can perform all activities, hiking, canoeing, bird watching, sport fishing, adventure tourism and adventure.
- This tour is not within the national reserve but it does have a very good jungle.
- Accommodation Nauta (Hostel)
- The lodge has private rooms and full services, we provide camping equipment for those interested in camping in the jungle, on the Yarapa River.